Welcome to the UMass Emergency Medicine Residency Class of 2008 blog page! Here you will find photos, updates, and info on the 13 residents that survived an Emergency Medicine Residency at UMass!
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Welcome to the UMass Class of 2008 Blog. Please send me photos so that I am not the only one on here! :)
In June of 2005, a group of bright eyed Interns came together to form the Class of 2008. Over the years we have been beaten down, exhausted, triumphant, overwhelmed, overjoyed, over worked, underpaid, and flat out frustrated, but most of all, we became a family! A family with ties that no one else shares, understands, or will ever truly break into. We are the Class of 2008 and we survived an Emergency Medicine Residency at the University of Massachusetts in Worcester, Massachusetts!
Oral Board Review Courses
Board Review Courses:
Chicago, April 6 Kim Chris
Philadelphia, april 25-26 Jean
*****************
Oral Board Exam:
May 3, 2009 Kim - afternoon session Chris - Tom - Jean - morning session
October Jen E. - afternoon session Jen S. - am session
10 Reasons Being an Attending Rocks
10. MONEY! (unless you are a Fellow)
9. Able to discharge a patient before leaving the room
8. Being able to say "I AM the attending"!
7. Quick signout
6. Paying back student loans
5. Shorter and less shifts
4. No more Step 1, 2, 3, or 1000!
3. Having a life back!
2. Not working all holidays!
1. Did I already mention the MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!!! MONEY!
10 Reasons "Why Life After Residency is FANTASTIC":
1. No more MONTH of Sick Call Back Up.
2. No more monthly EM online tests.
3. No more UMass "Wallaroos".
4. No more paying for parking, can't find said parking, having to pay parking ticket!
5. No more "Who's your attending?".
6. No more $0.25/hour slave labor, unless you are in fellowship! :) Then it is $0.27/hour.
7. No more logging your duty hours for GME.
8. No more stampers since the rest of the world is computerized.
Family Members: Todd, Me, and cats Madison and Tosa
Prior Hospitals?: UMass baby! Soon to be Carolinas Medical Center as well!
Iva Gotz
Where am I now?:
Upcoming Events?:
Home Address (optional):
Phone Number(optional):
Latest Adventure?:
Family Members:
Prior Hospitals?:
Douglas Higgs
Where am I now?: Living in Arlington, VA. Working in Portsmouth, VA, Woodbridge, VA, & Parkersburg, WV
Upcoming Events?: a REAL paycheck!
Home Address (optional): 604 51st Steet, Vienna, WV 26105
Phone Number(optional): 304-991-3535
Latest Adventure?: Sitting on the side of the road in who knows where VA with a blown tire while moving Jen Englund to NC. No, cousin Tommy did not come running out of the woods with a banjo.
Family Members: none that I am aware of
Prior Hospitals?: Just UMass baby!
Adam Johnson
Where am I now?:
Upcoming Events?:
Home Address (optional):
Phone Number(optional):
Latest Adventure?:
Family Members:
Prior Hospitals?:
Jean Marcelin
Where am I now?:
Upcoming Events?:
Home Address (optional):
Phone Number(optional):
Latest Adventure?:
Family Members:
Prior Hospitals?:
Andrew Monte
Where am I now?: UMass Memorial and University Hospitals
Upcoming Events?: Heather and I are going to Denver!
Home Address (optional): 20 Fisher Road, Holden, MA 01520
Phone Number(optional): 508-523-9319
Latest Adventure?:
Family Members: Andy, Heather, and Braeden
Prior Hospitals?:
Kimberly Morrissette
Where am I now?:
Upcoming Events?:
Home Address (optional):
Phone Number(optional):
Latest Adventure?:
Family Members:
Prior Hospitals?:
Lillian Rich
Where am I now?: Leominster Hospital
Upcoming Events?:
Home Address (optional): 19 Olde Hickory Path, Westborough MA, 01581
Phone Number(optional): 508-616-9270
Latest Adventure?:
Family Members: Marty, Josie and Caryse
Prior Hospitals?: UMass
Christopher Rosenbaum
Where am I now?:
Upcoming Events?:
Home Address (optional):
Phone Number(optional):
Latest Adventure?:
Family Members:
Prior Hospitals?:
Jennifer Sanders
Where am I now?: Waterbury Hospital in Waterbury, CT
Upcoming Events?:
Home Address (optional): 20 Bear Path Ct Cheshire,CT 06410
Phone Number(optional): 860-830-7491 (cell)
Latest Adventure?:
Family Members: Trip
Prior Hospitals?:
Joseph Tennyson
Where am I now?:
Upcoming Events?:
Home Address (optional):
Phone Number(optional):
Latest Adventure?:
Family Members:
Prior Hospitals?:
Important UMass Phone Numbers
North Pod 508-421-1800 South Pod 508-421-1700 Pedi 508-421-1600 Kerri O'Keefe 508-421-1439 Jeff Cukor 508-756-5605 ED Admin offices 508-421-1400 LF/Tox Consults 508-421-5700
No comments:
Post a Comment